Dutch band SKULLSUIT just released their debut album MOMENTUM worldwide. It is available as of February 2nd 2015 via Into The Limelight Records.
MOMENTUM is SKULLSUIT’s first full length album containing 13 tracks written, composed and recorded in their backyard’s home studio over the course of 2012-2014. Mixing and mastering was done by Jack Nobelen at his Temple of Doom studio.
The album’s music can best be described as a mix between Groove Metal and Thrash Metal. Lyrical themes cover dark personal experiences, with heavy riffs and groovy drums to add a lot of pure power under the hood. Influences by bands from Pantera and Metallica to Black Sabbath and Down can be recognized in songs like Push Me Harder, Circles of Hell and For The One We've Lost.
Rock icons Whitesnake are set to return with their 12th studio album this spring. The Purple Album will be released in North America on May 19th via Frontiers Music SRL. The Purple Album is a re-imagination of classic songs from David Coverdale's time as the lead singer for Deep Purple's Mark 3 and Mark 4 studio albums. The album is currently available for pre-order in various configurations on Amazon: a standard edition, a deluxe edition featuring 2 bonus tracks, 4 music videos and a Behind The Scenes featurette on the recording of the album and in a double LP vinyl format. Plans are also underway for a special limited box set edition with memorabilia and merchandise. All details will be announced soon.
Its a tribute. A homage. Its a huge thank you from me to Deep Purple for the opportunity I was given over 40 years ago, states Coverdale. As I said to Ritchie, you guys set me on an incredible journey that continues today and I couldnt have asked for better teachers. The University of Deep Purple was an extraordinary, amazing school to learn from. We cant wait to play these songs in concert!
Courtesy of Artists Worldwide in California, Estrella will support top USA Band Enuff Z’Nuff on their 13 night European Tour across five different countries in May this year.
With a career spanning two decades, Chicago melodic rock band Enuff Z’Nuff have released 12 studio albums, 19 CDs and toured continuously over the past 20 years. With a cult fan-base around the world, including USA radio and TV personality Howard Stern (America’s Got Talent, National Radio Hall of Fame, Forbes List of TV Personalities joint first place with Simon Cowell), UK fans will undoubtedly welcome Enuff Z’Nuff 2015 return!
Founded by singer Donnie Vie and bassist Chip Z’Nuff they are best known for their charting singles “Fly High Michelle” and “New Thing”, receiving industry recognition when their first single “Fingers On It” was featured in the 1986 cult movie “Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer” and having several of their songs covered by the likes Paul Gilbert, The Wildhearts and Nelson.
Blur have announced that they will release The Magic Whip, their first studio album in 12 years, this spring.
The band made the announcement at a press conference hosted by outgoing BBC Radio 1 presenter Zane Lowe at the Chinese restaurant The Golden Phoenix in London's West End. The album's producer, Stephen Street, also attended.
Of all the songs off of The Magic Whip, frontman Damon Albarn says that "Pyongyang" is a favorite. The song was written from lyrics he wrote while visiting North Korea.
As you might have noticed our Lazy Rocker Facebook-account is not active anymore. Facebook blocked it because of their policy that an account has to be personal. All our friends, photos, conversations, etc, are gone. You can imagine we have a bad time of it, but hey: we know you can't live without your portion rock news so we created the LazyRocker.com FB-page! Click HERE and hit the LIKE button so we will be connected again.
If you want to know what's going on in our radio show, you can join our Facebook-group HERE.
The Quireboys are gearing up for the release of their ninth studio album on March 30th, an ambitious 4CD deluxed edition package called 'St Cecilia And The Gypsy Soul'.
Locked away for a week in the Swedish outpost of Klippan, the Quireboys couldn't have imagined what would emerge from the most intensive recording process of their careers.
"It was the bleakest place I've ever seen," said guitarist Paul Guerin, following his stay in the town whose name translates as Cliff's Edge. "I felt like I was in the Big Brother house," added frontman Spike. "I never stepped out of the studio -- not once. We could have gone stir crazy but we came out of there with a record we never knew was possible."
- WATCH: KIP MOORE - I'M TO BLAME
- WATCH: IAN SIEGAL - HARD PRESSED (LIVE)
- FOO FIGHTERS 'SONIC HIGHWAYS' DVD DELUXE EDITION RELEASE APRIL 7TH
- WATCH: TWENTYDARKSEVEN - DO YOU LIKE THE DARK
- WATCH: GRAND DESIGN - 10 OUTTA 10
- SPANISH BAND THE VAL TO PROMOTE THEIR LATEST ALBUM IN THE LAZY ROCKER RADIO SHOW THIS COMING SUNDAY
- WATCH: STATE CHAMPS - IF I'M LUCKY
- IRON MAIDEN’S BRUCE DICKINSON IN CANCER BATTLE
- WATCH: RICKY GUNN - KING OF THIS TOWN
- MUSICIANS PAY TRIBUTE TO JIMI JAMISON AND FERGIE FREDERIKSEN
- WATCH: FIRST GHOST - SHAKING
- TOTO DEBUT NEW SONG 'HOLY WAR' OF UPCOMING ALBUM
- WATCH: NIGHTWISH - ELAN
- WATCH: RICK SPRINGFIELD - JESSIE'S GIRL (STRIPPED DOWN VERSION)
- WATCH: THE ANSWER - LONG LIVE THE RENEGADES
- EDEN'S CURSE DEBUT LIVE VIDEO FROM UPCOMING CD SET
- WATCH: SANTA CRUZ - MY REMEDY
- WATCH: THUNDER - BLACK WATER (STRIPPED-BACK VERSION)
- NEW SINGLE ADELITAS WAY 'I GET AROUND' OUT NOW
- LISTEN: TERRA NOVA - MELTDOWN
- WATCH: BLACK STAR RIDERS - THE KILLER INSTINCT (ACOUSTIC & LIVE)
- WATCH: EUROPE - WAR OF KINGS
- TOTO DEBUT FIRST SINGLE 'ORPHAN' OF UPCOMING ALBUM
- WATCH: EVERCLEAR - THE MAN WHO BROKE HIS OWN HEART
- TERRA NOVA 'REINVENT YOURSELF' ON MELODICROCK RECORDS MARCH 23
- WATCH: REVOLUTION SAINTS - BACK ON MY TRAIL
- ROB MORATTI'S TRIBUTE TO JOURNEY OUT ON MARCH 20
- WATCH: MICHAEL RIESENBECK FEAT. RICK RICI - SCHOOL DAZE
- WATCH: INCUBUS - ABSOLUTION CALLING
- GUN SHARE FIRST SINGLE FROM UPCOMING 'FRANTIC' ALBUM